Ancient History Magazine 7 (PDF)
We take a look at Nineveh, the last capital of the ancient Assyrians, who were the first to unite the Near East.
Availability: In stock
Ancient History Magazine 7
Theme: Nineveh, that great city
- Radu Alexander, 'A city without rival - The rise and fall of Nineveh'.
- Andrei Pogacias, 'The palace of King Sennacherib - The wonder of Nineveh'.
- Sean Manning, 'Counting the words that remain - Survival of the fittest'.
- Sidney E. Dean, 'Istar of Nineveh - The lady of heaven'.
- Daan Nijssen, 'A look at the imperial structure of Assyria - Why did Assyria collapse?'.
- Roel Konijnendijk, 'Xenophon's encounter with the remains of Nineveh - The ruins of empire'.
- Marc DeSantis, 'Austen Henry Layard and the rediscovery of Nineveh - Discovering Assyria'.
- Lauren van Zoonen, 'The colossus of Constantine - Superhuman features'.
- Sara Van Hoecke, 'The death of Hypatia the philosopher - Caught between two religions'.
- Jona Lendering, 'Fact-check: East versus West - A clash of civilizations'.
- Maura Andreoni, 'The colorful and intelligent parrot - Birds greeting emperors'.
- John S. Richardson, 'The Romans in Scotland - Moors and mountains'.
- Kees Alders, 'The philosophy of the skeptics - Fundamental uncertainty'.
- Jona Lendering, 'How do scholars reconstruct ancient texts - Texts and trees'.
|Free shipping on entire order||No|