Ancient History magazine 25 (PDF)
In this issue we explore literature and language across the ancient world, from understanding one of the world's oldest written languages and reconstructing another that was lost, to examining propaganda and historical fiction in antiquity.
Availability: In stock
Ancient History Magazine 25 (PDF)
Theme: Language and literature in antiquity
- James Blake Wiener, 'An ancient literary legacy - Advent of the written word'.
- Colleen Darnell, 'Ancient Egyptian historical fiction - Literary warriors'.
- Jean MacIntosh Turfa, 'An ancient literary loss - The written word in Etruria'.
- Jona Lendering, 'From Etemenanki to Tower of Babel - Confusion of tongues'.
- Daniel Kershaw, 'Challenging the traditional image of a Julio-Claudian Emperor - "The problem of Claudius"'.
- Hareth Al Bustani, 'The true history of an ancient tall tale teller - Lucian of Samosata'.
- Sean Mowbray, 'The growth of facial hair in ancient Rome - Beards and back again'.
- Manon Henzen, 'Recreating a recipe from Roman literature - Trimalchio's banquet'.
- Carole Raddato, 'Discovering the glories of Persia - ancient Iran'.
- Graham Sumner, 'The Roman army on screen, part XIV - Centurion (2010)'.
|Free shipping on entire order||No|