The Varian Disaster: Special
Ancient Warfare Special issue: The Varian Disaster
Vare, Vare, redde mihi legiones meas! Augustus is supposed to have wandered through the halls of the Imperial palace calling on Varus to give him back the legions destroyed in the 'Teutoburg Forest' in AD 9. This Special is entirely dedicated to that campaign.
- Jona Lendering, 'The sources'
- Jasper Oorthuys & Tony Clunn, 'The search for the battlefield'
- Lindsay Powell, 'Augustus' campaigns in Germania'
- Sidney Dean, 'Varus and Arminius'
- Adrian Murdoch, 'The campaign of 9 AD'
- Paul McDonnell-Staff, 'Rome's response'
- Duncan Campbell, 'Roman fortifications of the Augustan era'
- Ross Cowan and Christian Koepfer, 'Augustan legionaries'
- Michael Taylor and Christian Koepfer, 'The Germanic warriors'
- The battlefield nowadays
Not part of regular subscriptions.
|Free shipping on entire order||No|
- Historical studies at their best.
Content Images and illustrations Overall rate