First making their combat debut during World War II, Fallschirmjäger had a mixed record of success when it came to fulfilling their primary function, but they nonetheless acquired a formidable reputation as a tenacious and hard-fighting elite unit.
Fallschirmjäger in World War II
- Piers Brand, 'Germany's elite airborne unit during WWII - Rise and fall of the Fallschirmjäger'.
- David Hunter, 'Fallschirmjäger at Hagevolden and Lindsø - The road to Dombas, 1940'.
- James Morris, 'Street fighting with the Fallschirmjäger - The gates of Heraklion'.
- Sam Lancashire, 'The last defence of Monte Cassino - Eyrie of the Green Devils'.
- Piers Brand, 'Fallschirmjäger fend off the Canadians - Bloody day at Bienen'.
- Guy Bowers, 'Collecting German airborne troops - Achtung Fallschirmjäger!'.
- James Morris, 'Creating a Crete vignette - A rough landing'.
- Dom Sore, 'The beginning of the end of the hoplite - First Chaeronea'.
- Mark Backhouse, 'The Polish Light Horse at Somosierra Pass in 1808 - "The Emperor is watching you!"'.
- Nick Eyre, 'How Antietam made me love ACW - Battlefield inspiration'.
- Steve Jones, 'The WS&S Rules Challenge winner - The bargain blue and the giveaway grey'.
- Mark Backhouse, 'Making your spurs go further - A hole lot of trouble'.
- Colin Farrant, 'Making a home for your WWII German forces - Camp camouflage'.
- Rubén Torregrosa, 'Painting a 30 Years' War Swedish Army - Gustavus Adolphus' men'.
- Miniature reviews
- Richard Clarke, 'Up Front - Battlefield walking'.
- Henry Hyde, 'Tabletop tactics - Artillery: barrage of obliteration'.
- Chris King, 'The irregular - Wargaming: good for the soul'.
- David Davies, 'Warlord's new fast-attack naval warfare game - Let's play Cruel Seas'.
- Andrés Amián, Dom Sore, Mark Backhouse, Mark Pattinson, and Chris Payne, 'Game reviews - Rangers of Shadow Deep, Blitzkrieg 1940, Battle Ravens, Fallout: Wasteland Warfare, and SAGA: Book of Battles'.
- Book reviews
- Parting shots