In this issue, we take a look at the closing days of World War II, with German forces on both the eastern and western fronts fighting a desperate losing battle against the advancing allies.
The fall of the Third Reich
- Warwick Kinrade and Piers Brand, 'The fall of Hitler's Thousand Year Reich - Götterdämmerung'.
- Mark Backhouse, 'The Americans push into Western Germany - Treachery at Troisdorf'.
- Piers Brand, 'Old men and boys versus the mighty Red Army - The road to Starpel'.
- Nick Skinner, 'Action at the Vossberg sugar factory, 15 April 1945 - A spoonful of sugar'.
- Guy Bowers, 'Collecting a late WWII German force - Twilight of the Third Reich'.
- Ben Macintyre, 'Painting a Late-War German vignette - The end of days'.
- Mark Backhouse, 'A hangry French army with trouble on its heels - Blisters and peaches'.
- Jeff Jonas, 'A long winding road to the early Successors - Crossover ancients'.
- Ken Butt, 'A blue and grey battle over the rails - Tuxedo junction'.
- Mark Backhouse, 'João I of Portugal versus Juan I of Spain, 1385 - The Battle of Aljubarrota'.
- Rubén Torregrosa, 'How to paint Spanish tercios in 28mm - Steel, lace, and black powder'.
- Tony Harwood, 'Civing some TLC to a pair of second-hand buildings - Dandied up Dark Ages'.
- Miniature reviews
- Richard Clarke, 'Up front - Wargaming with the lurgy'.
- Henry Hyde, 'Tabletop tactics - Coup d'oeil in wargaming'.
- Stephen Tunmore, 'The Irregular - There's an article in that'.
- Chris King, 'Warlord's warship fleet action game - Let's play Victory at Sea'.
- David Davies and James Oram, 'Game reviews - Battlegroup Northag, Oathmark: Battles of the Lost Age, Muskets and Tomahawks II, and Campaign: Stalingrad (a Bolt Action supplement)'.
- Book reviews
- Parting shots