In issue 112, we focus on crusades and holy wars throughout the Middle Ages and across Europe and the Near East, which go beyond the usual campaigns fought in the Holy Land.
Medieval crusades and holy wars
- Rob Jones, 'Wargaming crusades during the Middle Ages - Warriors of Christ'.
- Mark Backhouse, 'The Battle of Antioch, 28 June 1098 - The holy lance of Christ'.
- Jack Gleeson, 'The Battle of Muret, 12 September 1213 - I am the king'.
- Michael Leck, 'The Swedish crusade on Novgorod, 1348-1351 - The saint, the king, and the crusade'.
- Guy Bowers, 'Crusader armies and their opposition - The armies of God'.
- Andrés Amian, 'Richard I of England gets stuck in - Facing the Lionheart'.
- Francisco Luis Erize, 'A cavalry battle for Clash of Spears - Maharbal's ambush'.
- Stephen Tunmore, 'The Battle of Medina de Rioseco, 14 July 1808 - Rising against the French eagle'.
- Stuart Green, 'Putting an end to IGOUGO in rulesets - Let's add a little friction'.
- David Davies, 'Early frigates in the Continental Navy - The first thirteen'.
- Mark Backhouse, 'A 20th-century small unit tactical challenge - Hold the bridge'.
- Stephen Tunmore, 'The arcane art of painting white uniforms - Fifty shades of white'.
- Tony Harwood, 'Building a Pacific island hideout from logs - A Japanese jungle bunker'.
- Mark Backhouse, 'Small-scale woods, copses, and orchards - Making microscale forests'.
- Miniature reviews
- Richard Clarke, 'Up front - Playtesting wargames rules'.
- Jens Köpke, 'The Irregular - All of this and World War II'.
- James Oram, 'The new, free Dark Age ruleset from Little Wars TV - Let's play Ravenfeast'.
- David Davies, 'Let's play Studio Tomahawk's Age of Hannibal - SAGA enters the Punic Wars'.
- Guy Bowers, James Oram, and Rossco Watkins, 'Game reviews - Lion Rampant - The Crusader States, Gamma Wolves, The Barons' War and Oathmark: Oathbreakers'.
- Book reviews
- Parting shots