You have no items in your shopping cart.
Frequently asked questions
- How long before you ship and how much does it cost? See our shipping information page.
Login and Account
- Do I have to register? At this point it is only necessary to register for an account for digital products, as they are accessible through the account page. Hardcopy books, magazines and subscriptions can be bought using 'Guest Checkout'. Our backend system will automatically connect renewals to existing subscriptions even without registration. There are some advantages however. Registering an account allows you to keep an address book, keep track of your newsletter subscription and allows you to keep track of your subscriptions. With an account you can also securely save your payment method. Finally, if you are a subscriber and you're logged into your account, you'll automatically get a 10% discount on paper back issues and 15% on digital back issues!
- I cannot login, please help! If you are sure you have an account in this webstore but cannot login, you can apply for a new password here. Note that your email address is your username. If you are certain your password is correct, but you still cannot login, try deleting your browser's cookies for karwansaraypublishers.com.
- Please note: unless you want to purchase digital products, you do not need an account and login is not required to checkout.
- Which payment methods do you accept? We accept payment via PayPal and credit card (Visa, MasterCard, JB, Discover and American Express). Due to the usually high fees of international bank transfers, we only offer that option within the Euro zone. Unfortunately, cheques can no longer be accepted as they are being phased out entirely and come with disproportionally high costs to cash.
- Can I pay in X currency? Our shop automatically switches between several, most commonly used currencies, based on the current exchange rate to Euro. Payment is always in Euro, and the conversion is performed automatically by PayPal or your credit card issuer. Because of that fact, we cannot guarantee that the amount shown by our shop is exactly what you'll be charged, since PayPal and banks use slightly different exchange rates which we have no way to predict. Any currency other than Euro should therefore be taken as a close indication only.
- Is my information safe? Our checkout and account pages are secured with an SSL certificate issued by Comodo. Credit card payments are processed using so-called Hosted Fields on a secure server hosted by Braintree under the highest PCI DSS conditions. No credit card data is either actually processed or ever stored at karwansaraypublishers.com.
- Is it safe to 'save' a payment method? When you save your payment method, a bit of reference code is saved on our site that allows you to make further purchases without logging into PayPal or entering your card information. It also allows us to charge your account for subscriptions if you signed up to any automatically renewing subscription products (such as the 'Premium' subscription). In no other case can or will we charge your account and no login or card information is ever stored on our server.
- When does my subscription begin? By default subscriptions start with the first upcoming issue (see the 'Most recent issue' item on the subscription product page for the latest distributed issue). As our magazines are bi-monthly, it can take up to 8-10 weeks for your first issue to arrive. Within a short period after appearance of a new issue, subscriptions will automatically be backdated to the latest issue. That copy will then be mailed out as soon as possible.
- How long does my subscription last? Each magazine is published six times per year. When you purchase a subscription - be it trial (3 issues) or two years - you always pay for the number of issues, not the period. This means that if we ever change the frequency or a magazine is delayed, you still get the number of editions you originally paid for.
- How do auto-renewing subscriptions work? The premium and digital subscription types (and combined subscriptions, see below) are auto-renewing. This means that instead of being asked to renew at the end of your subscription's term, you will be continuously billed via your chosen payment method (credit card or PayPal) until you choose to cancel the subscription, which can be done either through the user account page, or by contacting customer service. Digital and premium auto-renewing subscriptions will be billed every three issues, while combined subscriptions are billed every month. Please note that if you chose to pay for your auto-renewing subscription via credit card, the subscription will also automatically end when your credit card expires. At this point, you will need to start a new subscription. Paypal-based subscriptions will continue without interruption.
- What is a combined subscription? Combined subscriptions are subscriptions to more than one of our magazines - all combined under one easy-to-manage plan. This subscription type is always auto-renewing, and is billed on a monthly basis. Like other auto-renewing subscriptions, they can be cancelled via the user account page, or by contacting customer service. The various different magazines in your combined plan will be sent out as they become individually available throughout the year.
- How do digital subscriptions work? Like hardcopy subscriptions, digital subscriptions begin with the first upcoming issue by default. All digital subscriptions are auto-renewing (see above) and are billed every three issues. You MUST have an account in our webshop in order to have a digital subscription, as an email address is required both for notifying you of new issues' release, and also because PDFs of previous issues in your subscription are available to download via the user account page on the webshop.
- How do I get notified of new issues? We use our newsletter system to notify readers when a new issue becomes available. The notification also comes with a direct download link, so make sure you're signed up to ensure deliverability... and check your spam filter and junk mail settings!
- How do I get digital back issues? Once purchased, you will not be sent a PDF due to size limitations on emails. Instead, you can find download links in the 'My Downloadable Products' section of the user account page on the webshop (login required). Remember that these are quite a few MB in size, so it may take some time to download them, depending on the speed of your connection.
- The digital issue PDF is missing characters or there are other display issues. Despite the concept of the PDF as a document that is shown exactly the same on every device, that is unfortunately not always the case. Built-in PDF viewers (such as those on tablets or Preview in OSX), are known to cause issues on occasion. If that happens, try opening the document with the proprietary Adobe Reader app for your device. It can be downloaded for free from their website or your device's app store.