Ancient Warfare IV.5 (PDF)
Availability: In stock
Ancient Warfare IV-5
Theme: Fighting for the gods - Warfare and religion
- P.Lindsay Powell, 'Introduction to the theme'
- Paul Elliott, 'Inside a temple of Mithras'
- Owen Rees, 'Sparta Refuses to fight - Pious inaction during the Persian invasions'
- Corrado Re, 'Consular suicide - The practicalities of devotio'
- Christopher Lilley, 'Epona in Roman service - Military worship of a horse goddess'
- Mark Woolmer, '"In the name of Ahuramazda" - Darius' wars against the Elamites and Scythians'
- Alberto PÃ©rez, 'Off with their heads! Headhunting and scalping in antiquity'
- Jona Lendering, 'Alexander the invincible god - Uniting a diverse army through deification'
- Sidney Dean, 'The Frankish Constantine - Clovis' conversion at Tolbiac'
- Paul McDonnell-Staff, 'The weapon: Religion and the late Roman shield'
- Duncan B. Campbell, 'The debate: The fate of IX Hispana'
|Free shipping on entire order||No|