Medieval Warfare VI.4 (PDF)
A twelfth-century Irish king got more than he’d bargained for after enlisting foreign help in his bid for absolute power. This issue tells us about the Norman Conquest of Ireland, and the cast of characters who would battle for the island - Diarmait Mac Murchada, Richard de Clare and Ruaidrí Ua Conchobair. Read also about what we can learn from battlefield archaeology and the beautiful Book of Kells - Ireland’s greatest medieval masterpiece.
Availability: In stock
Medieval Warfare VI.4
Theme: The Norman invasion of Ireland
- Katrina Ingram, 'An introduction to the theme - The Normans in Ireland'.
- Murray Dahm, 'Gerald of Wales on the "conquest" of Ireland - Wild people'.
- Paul V. Walsh, 'Irish warfare during the Norman invasion - Irish warfare'.
- Alistair Black, 'A look at ringforts in Ireland - Irish defences'.
- Erich B. Anderson, 'The high king fights back - Reclaiming the throne'.
- Sidney E. Dean, 'The life and time of Richard de Clare - Strongbow'.
- Konstantin Nossov, 'Angol-Norman castles in Ireland - Fortress Ireland'.
- Sean McGlynn, 'The Waterford Massacre, AD 1170 - Slaughter'.
- Daniel Mersey, 'A picture from the Topograhpia Hiberniae - Irish axemen'.
- Peter van Dop, 'The added value of battlefield archaeology - One skeleton does not an army make'.
- Peter Konieczny, 'Ireland's medieval treasure - Book of Kells'.
- Murray Dahm, 'Medieval Normans and Irish on film - Hidden cinema'.
|Free shipping on entire order||No|