Medieval Warfare VI.1 (PDF)
The Kingdom of Jerusalem - and its ailing ruler Baldwin IV - are the focus of this issue. From ‘Deeds done beyond the sea’ to how leprosy left its mark on a king and on the crusader states, this issue explores the events of the second half of the the twelfth-century in the Holy Land. Read about the rise of Saladin and the Battle of of Montgisard in 1177. All this, plus articles on the Norse God Odin and the military career of St. Francis of Assisi.
Availability: In stock
Medieval Warfare VI.1
Theme: Reign of the Leper King
- Max Cronkite, 'Historical introduction - Amalric's legacy'.
- Murray Dahm, 'Deeds done beyond the sea - The Historia of William of Tyre'.
- Robert Holmes, 'The most cautious men in the world - The Latin field army, ca.1099-1187'.
- Clive Kelly, 'The reenactor - Portraying a Crusader knight'.
- Gregory J. Liebau, 'Hostility in the Holy Land - The Kingdom of Jerusalem and its neighbors'.
- William E. Welsh, 'Terrible slaughter - The battle of Montgisard, 1177'.
- Kim Stubbs, 'Baldwin IV - The life of the Leper King''.
- Brian Burfield, 'Odin, warrior god - The influence of the Viking god of warfare'.
- Sidney E. Dean, 'Ziska's Wagenburg - Mobile fortress of the Hussite Wars'.
- Frank Jastrzembski, 'Soldier before Saint? - The military career of St.Francis of Assisi'.
- Sean McGlynn, 'The Black Prince unleashed - The Grand Chévauchée, 1355'.
|Free shipping on entire order||No|