Medieval Warfare IV.6
This issue looks at the Lombard invasions and conquests of Italy, including attempted Byzantine resistance and reconquest.
Availability: In stock
Medieval Warfare IV-6
Theme: The loss of Italy: Byzantium vs the Lombards
- Theme – Erich Anderson,’Historical introduction’.
- The Source – James Gilmer, ‘Maurice’s Strategikon: Byzantine tactics and equipment’.
- Theme – Gabriele Esposito, ‘The Lombard army’.
- Theme – Sidney Dean, ‘Counter stroke: The first campaigns of the Byzantine Empire 576-603/11’.
- Theme – Nicola Bergamo, ‘The Lombard campaigns of Rhotari (636-652)’.
- Theme – Filippo Donvito, ‘The failed campaigns of Constans II (663-668)’.
- The Weapon – Gareth Williams, ‘The Hand-and-a-half Sword’.
- Special – Kerry Cathers, ‘The Battle of Clontarf’.
- Special – Joanna Arman, ‘Henry V vs France: ‘Holy War’ of a fanatic?’
|Free shipping on entire order||No|
- Most Excellent coverage of a not too often covered period of history.
Images and illustrations Overall rate Content