In this issue we revisit the world of the Vikings, with a special focus on the warfare and feats of arms described in epic and legendary sources and sagas.
Epic and legendary Viking warfare
- Mark Backhouse, 'Who will save us from the savage Northmen - Wargaming the Vikings'.
- Matthew Unsworth, 'Wargaming the fights from Beowulf - A hero's song'.
- Eoghan Kelly, 'Let him go early in the morning to Ath-Cliath - The Battle of Islandbridge'.
- Ian Beal, 'The earl would no brook cowardice - The Battle of Maldon'.
- Guy Bowers, 'Collecting a Viking host - Hammer of the gods'.
- John Morris, 'Painting a Viking front cover - Blood eagle'.
- Ian Beal, 'The Battle of Loudoun Hill, May 10, 1307 - "What's ma name?"'.
- Mark Backhouse, 'Tanks versus Tiger in Normandy - Tiger trap!'.
- Mark Backhouse, 'A platoon-sized campaign to defend WWII Singapore - Last stand on Opium Hill'.
- Stephen Tunmore, 'Making your flags stand out - Flying the flag'.
- Tony Harwood, 'Repurposing a cheap Christmas tree ornament - A Christmas store hut'.
- Miniature reviews
- Rick Priestley, 'This gaming life - And so it goes'.
- Henry Hyde, 'Tabletop tactics - Theory into practice'.
- Lord Bore-Bore, 'The irregular - Too much choice can kill!'.
- Guy Bowers, 'Fantasy gaming, Warlord Games style - Let's play Warlords of Erehwon'.
- Eoghan Kelly, David Davies, Chris Payne, and Guy Bowers, 'Game reviews - Thud & Blunder, The Battle of Blenheim - 1704, The Zone: The Cold War turns hot, and Rebels and Patriots'.
- Book reviews
- Parting shots