In this issue we look at the decades-long war between the Athenian and Spartan alliances, and give you some ideas to fight the battles and campaigns other than with just phalanx versus phalanx.
The Peloponnesian War
- Guy Bowers, 'The age of Pericles comes to an end - A brief history of the Peloponnesian War'.
- Mark Backhouse, 'Cautious allies - The Battle of Sybota, 433 BC'.
- Eric Farrington, 'The Battle of Delium, 424 BC - Birth of the Boeotian war machine'.
- Eoghan Kelly, 'Retaking Amphipolis - A mini campaign in the North'.
- Guy Bowers, 'Collecting an ancient Greek army - The sword of Ares'.
- Martin Oaff, 'Painting a Greek front cover - Sparta Triumphant'.
- Jason Weiser, 'Forgotten counterattack - A Fall of the Reich scenario'.
- Michael Leck, 'One more frolic with the yankees - British raids along the shores of Chesapeake Bay'.
- Will Greenslade, 'Jack for the King - The siege of Pendennis Castle'.
- Piers Brand, 'Wounded Tiger - Operation Elibote II, 31 January 1943'.
- Stephen Tunmore, 'Fun with foam - Turning upholstery foam into fuzzy terrain'.
- Tony Harwood, 'South African defences - Modelling a Boer War British blockhouse'.
- Miniature reviews
- Richard Clarke, 'Up Front - Inclusivity'.
- Henry Hyde, 'Tabletop tactics - Irregular practice'.
- Alastair Campbell-Grieve, 'The irregular - Show yourself!'.
- Martin Oaff, 'Skirmish Sangin meets World War II - Let's play Ultracombat: Normandy'.
- David Davies and Eoghan Kelly, 'Game reviews - Flint and Feather, Men of Bronze, and Campaign: Fortress Budapest'.
- Book reviews
- Parting shots