In this issue we look at the intense battles around the Dutch village of Overloon in late September and early October of 1944 between a mixed German Kampfgruppe, the US 7th Armored and the British 3rd Infantry and 11th Armored divisions.
1944 - The Battle for Overloon and Venray
- Piers Brand, 'The fighting at Overloon and Venray - Mud, blood, and lots of firepower'.
- Piers Brand, 'Task force Wemple at Hattert Castle - Against a brick wall'.
- Pier's Brand, 'The assault on Overloonse Duinen Woods - Teddy Bears' picnic'.
- Piers Brand, 'Outside Smakt: Monday, 16 October, 1944 - Refighting the assault at Loobeek'.
- Tom Mecredy, 'Fighting in the ruins of Venray, 16 October, 1944 - Bloodbeek'.
- Guy Bowers, 'Collecting a late-WWII British force - A stiff upper lip and a cup of tea'.
- Barry Evans, 'A German cat among the British birds - Cuckoo'.
- Andrew MacTaggart, 'Colonel Fren Burnaby versus the Mahdists - Somewhere near Sulakin'.
- Jame Oram, 'Playing big battles with Lion Rampant - Pride of lions'.
- Rob Harper, 'The army of the Var, 1815: Part II - A masterclass in defence'.
- John Paul Adams, 'Lessons learned from the Great Game - Reflections on Waterloo Replayed'.
- Tony Harwood, 'Making a 28mm watchtower for the Zulu War - Building fort Amiel'.
- Stephen Tunmore, 'Painting objectives for ACW raiding games - Let's talk about tents'.
- Mike Salwey, 'Painting 6 mm small metal soldiers - Dr Mike's SMS clinic'.
- Miniature reviews
- Richard Clarke, 'Up front - Equality: What is it good for'.
- Henry Hyde, 'Tabletop tactics - A bridge too far'.
- Chris King, 'The irregular - Inclusion'.
- Chris King, 'Warband combat in the ancient world - Let's play SPQR'.
- Guy Bowers and Eoghan Kelly, 'Game reviews - Reality’s Edge: Cyberpunk skirmish rules, Over the Hills, second edition, Test of Honour 2, and Grandville'.
- Book reviews
- Parting shots