In this issue we focus on Feudal Japan, home of fierce warlords and skilful Samurai. We meet some of the heroes and villains of the Sengoku period, and tell their stories on the tabletop.
War in the Sengoku period (1467–1615)
- Guy Bowers, 'A look at the heroes behind the history - Samurai legends'.
- Guy Bowers, 'Return of the Wrath of Heaven - Legend of the Shinobi'.
- Tom Mecredy, 'The fourth Battle of Kawanakajima - The Honjo Masamune'.
- Matthew Rattenbury, 'The ambush prelude to Sekigahara - Rescue at Kuisegawa'.
- Guy Bowers, 'Samurai legends on the tabletop - The age of the country at war'.
- Andrés Amián, 'li Naomasa and his Red Devils' charge - Blood red'.
- Piers Brand, 'Operation Supercharge II, 26 March 1943 - Taking the Tebaga Gap'.
- Nicholas Stock, 'Refighting Alfonso VI's Greatest Defeat - Sagrajas in pieces'.
- Gabrio Tolentino, 'Refighting the famous battle with Black Seas - The Battle of the Nile'.
- Richard Chambers, 'SAM hunting in Finnmark County - The grumble hunt'.
- Rubén Torregrosa, 'Trying out Games Workshop's new paint range - Citadel in contrast'.
- Tony Harwood, 'Building a 28 mm Zulu mud hut - Iqukwane'.
- Miniature reviews
- Richard Clarke, 'Up front - An ode to terrain'.
- Henry Hyde, 'Tabletop tactics - Dealing with prepared positions'.
- Kate Kreke, 'The irregular - My husband's strange internet friends'.
- Chris King, 'Skirmish gaming for World War II in 1/48 scale - Let's play 1-48 Tactic'.
- James Oram, 'Fast-play ancient skirmish from Fighting Hedgehog - Let's play Clash of Spears'.
- Guy Bowers, David Davies, Eoghan Kelly, 'Game reviews - Judge Dredd Miniatures Game, The Vanir, and Table Top Battles'.
- Book reviews
- Parting shots