After Nero's suicide in AD 68, a power vacuum threatened to consume the Roman Empire, with a massive civil war breaking out between many eager contenders for the throne.
The Year of the Four Emperors - AD 69
- James Oram, 'Introduction to the Year of the Four Emperors - The game of (Roman) thrones'.
- Richard Clarke, 'Putting the skirmish back into ancient warfare - No pain, no grain!'.
- Eoghan Kelly, 'The Battle of Forum Julii (15 May, AD 69) - Beware the Ides of Maius'.
- Mark Backhouse, 'Ambush at the Temple of Castor and Pollux - Locus Castorum'.
- Guy Bowers, 'Building an early Imperial Roman army - Roma Invicta'.
- Jim Ibbotson, 'The ultimate winner in AD 69 - Vespasian triumphant'.
- Ian Beal, 'A highland fling... with axes and swords - The Battle of North Inch'.
- Mark Backhouse, 'The Algeciras campaign of 1801 - Humbling the Lion'.
- Rob Harper, 'France versus Britain in St. Lucia - The Battle of La Vigie'.
- Nick Skinner, 'An Oosterbeek 1944 scenario for Chain of Command - Borders on van Borsselenweg'.
- Phil Hendry, 'Tarting up 4Ground's Mordanburg blacksmith - I love the smell of MDF in the morning'.
- Stephen Tunmore, 'How to make a plastic tree armature bloom - Flowering cherry trees'.
- Stephen Tunmore, 'Making fortifications for the American Civil War - Building a blockhouse'.
- Miniature reviews
- Rick Priestley, 'This gaming life - Fantasy battles'.
- Henry Hyde, 'Tabletop tactics - Stopping the ro(u)t'.
- Peter van Dop, 'The Irregular - Teambuilding with wargaming'.
- Rossco Watkins, 'Steampunk shenanigans in an alternate Wild West- Let's play Wild West Exodus'.
- Guy Bowers, David Davies, Eoghan Kelly, Rob Rhodes, 'Game reviews - BelloLudi, Contact Front, Close Quarters, and Bataille Empire'.
- Book reviews
- Parting shots